|Model||Type||No: of burners||Review|
|GE Cafe 30 inch CGP350SETSS Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop Reviews||30 inch gas cooktop||5||Read Review
|Whirlpool Gas Cooktop Reviews - W3CG3014XS||30 inch gas cooktop||4||Read Review
|Bosch NGM8655UC Gas Cooktop Reviews||36 inch gas cooktop||5||Read Review
|Dacor Distinctive DCT365SNG Gas Cooktop Reviews||36 inch gas cooktop||5||Read Review
|Ramblewood Sealed Burner Gas Cooktop Reviews||24 inch gas cooktop||4||Read Review
|LG LCG3011ST Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop Reviews||30 inch gas cooktop||5||Read Review
|Electrolux E36GC70FSS Gas Cooktop Reviews||36 inch gas cooktop||5||Read Review
|Cosmo Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop Reviews||34 inch gas cooktop||5|
|Summit TNL033 Gas Cooktop Reviews||24 inch gas cooktop||4|
Gas cooktop reviews – Things to look for
If you are planning to change from ceramic to gas cooktops, the very first thing you need to check apart from going through the gas cooktop reviews is whether or not the mains gas is available at the place you stay. In case it is not available, induction or ceramic cooktops could be your alternatives. If however, you have made up your mind that gas cooktops is all you want, there are a few models which use bottled LPG but you should know that they are likely to be more expensive than the mains gas
Avoid models which do not have flame failure
Though gas cooktops are pretty remarkable thanks to their on the spot heat control, some are likely to fall short as far as security / safety elements are concerned
- Flame failure device – What is it?
- There is a device which is fitted in quite a lot of gas cooktops today whereby the re-ignition of gas takes place incase the flame goes out. This is a fantastic equipment to have but unfortunately not many gas Cooktop models have the same. Those gas cooktops which do not have this flame failure device cost lesser than those which have this equipment but this ideally should not be a reason to go ahead and buy the gas cooktops without the flame failure device because if the flame goes out, escaping of gas silently in the room is inevitable.
- How do I determine if a gas Cooktop has flame failure device?
- There are two tiny rods which usually stick by the side of the gas burner. Look out for them (one for the purpose of ignition and another that is there to detect the flame, if any)
- The gas Cooktop models that re-ignite, without human intervention, have one device which is basically an integration of both of these rods; such cooktops have only one rod next to the burner.
What shape and size are you looking for? Square or rectangle? 30 inch gas cooktops or 36 inch gas cooktops. Before purchasing the gas Cooktop, make sure, you have enough space to actually fit the Cooktop. Also ensure there is enough ventilation space below the same. Don’t forget to check the specifications of the Cooktop as well – requirements of minimum distance between Cooktop and rangetop cupboards also needs to be taken into consideration
Additional Things to consider while looking at Gas Cooktop Reviewsspan style="text-decoration: underline;">How do you lay it out?
One needs to think about the location and outline of the burners and their dimensions in relation to the vessels and cookware used.
Apart from gas cooktop reviews, you need to look out for:
- Spaced out burners inorder to cook multiple dishes on multiple pots and pans simultaneously without burning yourself
- A variety of different sized burners for different sized vessels
- Smaller burners placed at the front so you are not required to lean towards the other burners to stir a paste
- Medium burners placed behind – these are ideal for simmering dishes for a long time – the dishes that do not require continues stirring
- A wok burner, primarily for stirring. This should ideally be placed at the front for easy to reach and frequent stirring
- Rectangular gas Cooktop models seem to be more spaced out but lately some square Cooktop models have been known to have great spaced layouts too
Knobs which are used to control the gas burner should be of good size and easy to hang on to. Clear pointers are another advantage. For safety reasons, controls should not be placed close to the burners. Do give special attention to this attribute when going through the gas cooktop reviews
Surface should be such that it is trouble-free to clean with negligible dust traps. The cooktop should be capable enough to hold spills.
The cost of gas cooktops ranges from $330 to about $2999.
We hope these gas cooktop reviews help you make a buying decision based on your requirements